1) He had to reinvent himself after a particularly hard fall. Not much can be more humbling or devastating than to lose a federal election in the way he did.
2) He has dedicated himself to the cause of our global environment.
3) He is 50 plus (he’s 59.)
I have an idea just circling around in my head. I’m not sure where I’m going with it yet, but it definitely has to do with connecting 50 plus jobseekers, global warming, and green action to address the planetary crisis we are finding ourselves in.
Just a few thoughts:
- What if 50 plussers who were having trouble finding work focused on jobs that were non-polluting and for the betterment of the planet? Like education. Like customer service. (Kelly Services is working with Gen Plus to post 50 plus friendly jobs…specifically in education.)
- What if 50 plussers only purchased hybrids, electrics or alternative vehicles for their next car?
- What if 50 plussers got involved with solar and alternative energy companies, became advocates for reducing greenhouse gases?
- What if?
There is a connection here. I’ve got my antennae up.