#2 — Search for jobs and look for keyword “NASA”
#3 — Apply to the coolest job opportunity for all — INCLUDING Boomers, 50 Plussers and retirees…
Huh? That’s right. Our good friends at Kelly Services have passed along a spectacular opportunity and I’m spreading the word. Here is the job posting:
NASA (yes, that NASA, the National Association of Space and Aeronautics) is looking for a few good people for an amazing job opportunity! Are you up to the challenge? Kelly Services®, in partnership with NASA Space Camp®, is now recruiting camp counselors! This is a long-term opportunity to work on the NASA campus and be a part of Space Camp, Space Academy®, and the Aviation Challenge®.
What you’ll do as a camp counselor:
- You’ll be supervising, motivating, and teaching young people (ages 9 – 18) as well as adults in a highly educational, exciting, and fun-filled camp environment!
- You’ll lead a team of trainees through their weeklong camp experience.
- When assigned to the simulations area, you will train the students in Space Shuttle mission simulators or jet fighter operations. What you’ll get out of it (aside from a really cool job):
- Enhance your teamwork, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Receive valuable experience in the areas of education, space science, and military science toward a future teaching, engineering, science, or military/aviation career. • Free room and board (dorm style) for out-of-town counselors.
- $8 – $9/hour bi-weekly pay with direct deposit.
- Supplemental insurance is available with prescription discount card.
- Intensive paid training and NASA Space History lessons.
- Paid time off.
- Free meals.
What you’ll need to apply:
- Be available beginning in January/February through August (preferred).
- Completion of 30 college credit hours (as a minimum) in any major! Or if you have related life experience (e.g., being in the military), that will work too!
- A real desire to work with trainees ranging from ages 9 – 50 and over.
- You must be at least 20 years of age. Retirees are also welcome!
- Some experience working with children or young adults.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Your most recent school transcript. [ed. note: your most recent may be from 1962…but that is OK!]
- An interest in space and aviation, and the ability to learn fast and retain information.
- Successful completion of four-week counselor training program (provided by NASA), and completion of required testing.
- Must be able to walk long distances.
- Must be able to handle the demands and rigors of long days and responsibility”
This is a GREAT opportunity. If you currently have NO job, or are looking for a meaningful change, are looking to have an incredible career experience, give back to others, save a bit of money AND have one of the coolest job histories ever, don’t delay and apply today. Your life experience has a great deal of value. Go for it. And let me know if you become a NASA counsellor. I’ll want to shout it out to the world!